Try some of our products with these fantastic recipes that are sure to tickle your taste buds.
- 1.2KG beef fillet steak
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 50g sliced mushrooms
- 50g pork liver pate
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 375g packet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 300ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp red wine
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Place beef in roasting dish and spread with 2 tbsp of softened butter
- Bake for 13 minutes until browned
- Remove from dish and allow to cool completely (reserve pan juices)
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a frying pan and sauté onions and mushrooms in the butter for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix together pate and 2 tbsp softened butter and season with salt and pepper. Spread pate over beef and top with onion and mushroom mixture.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough and place the beef in the centre. Foldup and seal the edges -making sure the seams are not too thick. Place beef in baking dish and cut a few slits in the top of the dough and brush with egg yolk.
- Bake at 230 degrees C for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 220degrees C for 10-15 minutes until pastry is rich, golden brown. Set aside and keep warm
- Place all reserved juices in a small saucepan over a high heat. Stir in beef stock and red wine; boil for 10-15 minutes or until slightly reduced. Strain and serve with beef.